The “16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence” campaign originated in 1991 as an initiative of the Center for Women's Global Leadership at Rutgers University. Since then, hundreds of organisations worldwide have used the campaign as an organising strategy in order to advocate the elimination of all forms of violence against women.
The campaign spans important observance days:
25 November to 10 December
At multiple locations across Chennai
To raise awareness of the different ways in which women in particular are vulnerable to violence, at home, at their place of work, on campuses and in public spaces.
Through a broad, inclusive, structural and human rights approach to gender-based violence; by forging partnerships to create a network for action; by involving diverse audiences including educational institutions, corporate groups and civil society organisations; by working with multiple media and programme formats.
- Amadeus Media Pvt. Ltd. - AVTAR I-WIN - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan - Chennai Runners Club - Chennai Volunteers - Continental DataGraphics India - EZ Vidya - FES India - Mythri Centre for Arts - Rotary Club of Chennai Spotlight - RR Donnelley - Sandy's Chocolate Laboratory - Sargam Children's Choir - SPI Cinemas - Sundari Silks - Tamil Nadu Cycling Club - Women's Web -
- AVTAR I-WIN - Continental DataGraphics India - Empowering Women in IT - EZ Vidya - Friedrich Ebert Stiftung - International Foundation for Crime Prevention and Victim Care - Inclusive Planet Centre for Disability Law and Policy - Institute for Transportation and Development Policy - International KravMaga Federation – Chennai Chapter - Let's Talk Men 2.0 - Madras Medical College - University of Madras Departments of Defence and Strategic Studies and of Politics and Public Administration - The Marappachi Trust - Team of Metal Men - Orinam.net - Pacific International Lines - Queen Mary's College - Sandy’s Chocolate Laboratory - SPI Cinemas - Sundari Silks - Tamil Nadu Federation of Women Lawyers - Trends in Vogue Pvt Ltd - Vidya Sagar - Women's Christian College
- A38 Journal of International Law - Amethyst - Arangham Trust - Centre for Social Policy and Strategy - Chamiers- Chennai Volunteers - Empowering Women in IT (eWIT) - FLEXI Careers India - Friedrich Ebert Stiftung - International Krav Maga Federation - Chennai Chapter - Madras School of Social Work - Origami Poems Project - Puthiya Thalaimurai - Sa.Ma - Schizophrenia Research Foundation (SCARF) - The Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) Millennium School, Gerugambakkam - Transparent Chennai-
- AVTAR Interim Women - Managers Interface Network - Chennai Police - Empowering Women in IT (eWIT) - Full Circle @ Chamiers - International Foundation for Crime Prevention and Victim Care (PCVC) - Koblerr - Madras School of Social Work (MSSW) - Omayal Achi College of Nursing - Queen Mary’s College - The Marappachi Trust - Tulir – Centre for the Prevention and Healing of Child Sexual Abuse - Zara Tapas Bar -
- Amethyst - AVTAR Interim Women Managers Interface Network - Chennai Live 104.8 FM - Full Circle @ Chamiers - InKo Centre - International Foundation for Crime Prevention and Victim Care (PCVC) - Kalki Weekly - Kipling Cafe - The Marappachi Trust - The New Indian Express - Ode Gallery Cafe - Omayal Achi College of Nursing - Oriental Cuisines Pvt. Ltd. - Queen Mary’s College - Schizophrenia Research Foundation (SCARF) - Sornammal Educational Trust - Tulir – Centre for the Prevention and Healing of Child Sexual Abuse -
- Alliance Francaise de Madras - Blank Noise - Café Coffee Day - Chennai Live 104.8 FM - Confederation of Indian Industries - International Foundation for Crime Prevention and Victim Care - Internews Network - L.V. Prasad Film and Television Academy - Loyola College - M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women - Nalli - The New Indian Express - Odyssey - Okapi - Queen Mary’s College - Spencer Plaza - The Marappachi Trust - WE CAN Campaign - TN (PCVC) - Women Lawyers’ Association -